Im pretty sure you've never thought that your computer could have limitations or could perform unexplainable tasks!!
1. DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN NEVER RENAME/CREATE A FOLDER NAME "CON"?
Try this, create a new folder, enter its label as "CON" then press enter and see what happens next.
2. ANOTHER SMALL TRICK, JUST FOLLOW THE STEP BELOW
1.) Open an empty notepad file
2.) Type “Bush hid the facts” (without the quotes)
3.) Save it as whatever you want.
4.) Close it, and re-open it.
OMG WTF BUSH!!
3. PREVIOUSLY IN MS WORD 2003 WHILE ENTERING THE CODE "=rand (200, 99)", WE WERE GETTING A SENTENCE LIKE "THE QUICK BROWN FOX, JUMP OVER THE LAZY DOG" BUT ENTER THIS IN MS 2007 AND YOU'LL SEE THAT IT PROVIDES US WITH LIKE A MANUAL OF MS 2007.
4. INVISIBLE FOLDER
1)Right Click on the desktop.Make a new folder
2)Now rename the folder with a space(U have to hold ALT key and type 0160).
3)Now u have a folder with out a name.
4)Right click on the folder > properties > customize. Click on change icon.
5)Scroll a bit, u should find some empty spaces, Click on any one of them.
click ok, then watch out your folder
5. How can I find Sites that have links to my home page
To see a list of all the sites that have links to your home page, do the following:
- Copy the following text to the clipboard
- Link to Alta Vista
- Paste the text into the search box
- Replace "your.site" with your site's URL
- Click the Submit button
- Alta Vista will display a list of sites that have links to your home page
In Google, do this:
- Go to Google
- Type in the following (replacing your domain name where appropriate)
- Click on Google Search and it will display sites linking to you.
6. What's the WinKey used for on the Windows keyboards?
- WinKey = Displays taskbar and Start Menu
- WinKey + E = Opens Explorer
- WinKey + F = Opens Find
- WinKey + R = Opens Run
- WinKey + D = Maximize/Minimize all windows
- WinKey + M = Minimize all windows
- WinKey + Pause = Opens System Resources
- WinKey + Tab = Flip between open application in the taskbar
- WinKey + CTRL + F = Finds a computer
- WinKey + Shift + M = Maximize all "WinKey + E" minimized windows
- WinKey + Break = Displays the System Properties sheet
7. Windows XP Tweaks And Registry Hacks
Here are a few interesting Windows XP Tweaks that may be helpful.
1) Click on Start, Run, Type REGEDIT and Click OK
2) Click on the pluses (+) next to the following keys
- Current Version
3) Right-click in the Right Side Panel and choose New > DWORD Value
4) Type StartMenuFavorites as the name of the key
5) Double-click on the StartMenuFavorites Key and Change the value to 1 and click OK
6) Close the Registry Editor and Reboot
8. How To Remove Content Advisor Password In Internet Explorer
The following steps will remove any password set in the Internet Explorer Content Advisor and allow you to reset the program to its original state.
1) Click on Start and choose Run.
2) Type in RegEdit and select OK.
3) Now click on the little plus sign to the left of H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
4) Continue to drill down, always clicking on the plus sign at the left of the named key, through Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current Version and Policies.
5) Now click on the Ratings folder.
6) In the right pane of the RegEdit window, you'll see an icon called Key. Click on it and press Delete.
7) Next, choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit. You've just deleted your original Content Advisor password.
8) Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again.
9) Choose View and then Internet Options (or Options for version 3.x). For IE 5 or greater, Click on Tools, Internet Options.
10) Click on the Content tab and click on Disable. When asked for a password, don't enter anything; just click on OK. This will disable Content Advisor because there's no longer a password.
9. How To Fix Problems With Content Advisor Missing Information
In most cases, this problem occurs when the Ratings.pol file is damaged, follow the instructions below to fix this issue.
1) Quit Internet Explorer
2) Open My Computer, click on Tools, Folder Options
3) Click on the View tab and make sure "Show hidden files and folders" is selected, you may also want to uncheck the box next to "Hide extensions for known file types" and click Ok
4) Double click on Drive C in My Computer
5) Double click on the Windows folder and then double click on the System folder
6) Search for the file RATINGS.POL and right click on it and choose Rename. Rename it to RATINGS.OLD
7) Close out of the open Windows and then reopen Internet Explorer
8) Click on Tools, Internet Options
9) Click on the Content tab, then click on Settings
10) Type in the Supervisor password if necessary and click Ok
11) Select the Ratings options you would like and click Ok and close out of Internet Explorer
12) When you reopen Internet Explorer, everything should work.